Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Forthcoming on L.I.E.S - Delroy Edwards - 4 Club Use Only



It said 'ghetto house' in the corner of the soundcloud page but it's far more sedate than that would lead you to think. (Note however the font saying 'DELROY EDWARDS' on the record sleeve is pure Dance Mania).

 

It pushes along, sure, but rather than a peak hour banger it's more PURE ATMOSPHERE POWER. Shimmery and meandering, it's super raw and soulful. It makes me shut my eyes a little and zone out at my desk. Mmm. It's not a million miles from some of the OASIS Collaborating stuff. Just listen to those beats - whatever they're run through they've got an incredible textured surface area that just sounds so cool. Serious FXHE vibes (which is a very good thing. I can't be bothered to defend Omar S against people who think only wankers like him, as far as I'm concerned he's a don). Incredible track.

No comments:

Post a Comment